Building works of the stadium were started in the summer of 1955 by the professional army under the commandment of the officer Delcho Delev, who died on May 30th, 2007 in Stara Zagora.
During the construction works in the aftermath of the long lasting wars there is not enough manpower, so the stadium is finished with a lot of voluntary service. On April 4, 1959 the stadium is opened by former BKP Leader in Stara Zagora Atanas Dimitrov.
In 2004 the first plastic seats were put on the stadium. A second wave of reconstruction work is done in 2007. In it’s current state the stadium is since august 2012 when the pitch was completely changed, the seats in the main stand were replaced and there were reconstructions in the changing rooms and the service areas.